Monday, 7 October 2013

:: Rainbow Washi Tape Birthday Card

Rainbow Washi Tape Birthday card #handmade #craft #diy #rainbow #washi #washitape #balloons #birthday #stationery

What is not to love about a rainbow of colour? Seeing the colours of the rainbow on display together is an instant way to make a smile. 

This card was created when I sat down to make a birthday card for a 2 year old. I wanted something fun and bright. A rainbow of colours was bright, but also gave me the chance to raid my growing washi tape collection! You know I love washi tape, right? If not, check out some of my other craft and diy ideas

This card was pretty easy to make once I'd decided on the design (there were a few 'never made its' before we arrived at this one!). I simply tore lengths of washi tape and placed on the card front to create a rainbow background. Then, I used foam sticky pads to  stick on punched out balloon shapes in rainbow colours. To finish off I added a stamped 'happy birthday'. 

What colour combinations do you love for a young child's card? Do you opt for traditional pink or blue? Or do you like to go bright and bold? Or is there a different colour scheme you turn to? 



To stay up to date don't forget to 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment