styrofoam ring form - from The Windmill Craft Centre
felt - from The Dizzy Izzy Shop
buttons - I used one from the Christmas Pudding Mix from The Dizzy Izzy Shop
fabric glue or glue gun
1. I used a little bit of sellotape to fix my yarn to the ring before wrapping it around the wreath. <- It's a lot quicker to write 'wrapping around the wreath' that it takes. This was why I was glad I was making a mini one! Once my ring form was covered I used a bit of glue to fix in place (fabric glue or a glue gun).
|Yarn Wrapped Wreath - phew! Lengthy bit over!|
2. To decorate I kept it simple, but you could add more and get creative with felt and various embellishments such as bells etc. Back to me - I drew two holly leaf shapes onto green felt and drew around a little button on red to create a berry. I then used fabric glue and fixed the leaves with the red berry in the centre.
|Felt Holly and berry Embellishment|
3. I added a red button for added detail and used a needle and thread to stitch this over the red felt circle.
4. I used glue to then fix my holly and berry in place.
5. I completed my wreath with some candy cane striped ribbon.
|My finished Yarn Wrapped Christmas Wreath|
I think a set of 3 or more of these mini ones in complimentary colours and designs would look fab hung at different heights on a wall or perhaps a door.
If you have a go at making a yarn wreath, let me know - I love to hear when poeple have used an idea from my blog. You can leave a comment here or join me on twitter - I love a natter!